Gallery & Exhibitions:
Kate Farrant will install her one-day exhibition on Saturday April 7th. Can members please collect their seascape or landscape paintings ASAP.
Yurara's Autumn Exhibition will be an OPEN THEME. Members can submit up to 3 paintings, one of which may be from the "Connections" exhibition. Entries need to be delivered between April 9th to 16th. Entry forms are available on the studio table for those members who don't have a computer or printer, as well as invitations to pass on to family, friends, and locals. When delivering your paintings, please include your entry form, payment, and roster details in an envelope on the back of the painting. We expect a large number, so late entries will not be accepted. Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and Highly
Redland Art Gallery will hold the "In Focus" small works exhibition at Capalaba Gallery from December 1st 2018 to January 28th, 2019, with the theme "Self Portrait". This will be advertised as a celebration of the Redland Art Gallery 15th birthday, and is a significant exhibition. There's plenty of lead time for our portraitists to prepare for that one! All artists can submit 2 works with a guarantee that one will be included.
December 9th, 2018 to January 22nd, 2019 will see the Shore Birds installation, where 300+ shore birds will be displayed in a large scale installation in Redland Art Gallery (Cleveland galleries 2, 3, and 4), alongside Deb Mostert's solo exhibition "Australian Future". Deb will mentor local artists and Redland-based art groups in Shore Bird making workshops.
For more information about these exciting opportunities, please contact Amy Wilson, Exhibitions and Public Programs Officer, on (07) 3829 8484 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thanks Mary Jane Turk, Yurara has now achieved the status of registered charity, which gives us the right to display this in our publicity. This represents the culmination of a long process to improve the status of Yurara in the public eye.
- Thanks also to Mary Jane's husband who has repaired the urn. coffee anyone?
- DVDs are available on loan to any member at 20 cents per week. Many thanks to Karen Muster for her hard work in making this possible!
- Sophia Papp has started her new position as Gallery Coordinator, accepting entry forms and paintings for the Landscape/Seascape rotating exhibition & it's great to have her help in the gallery. Kudos Sophia! Sophia would appreciate a volunteer to buy drinks with her for opening night; members to bring a yummy plate of finger food.
- Philip from Expolite delivered our flags and has become a budding member! Robin and Gloria have searched out metal tubing for insertion and they will be available for our forthcoming exhibitions.
- Our mini-market will be on Sunday June 3rd, from 10:00am to 3:00pm, with notices going out soon.
Additional information go to Workshops
For details on the Outdoor Sketching & Painting Group go to Members News
NON MEMBERS $100 hire fee plus $40 per day (weekends and Fri) MEMBERS $20 a day. Please note there is a 10% commission on all sales taken.
APRIL: 16th Collect “Landscapes/Seascapes”, deliver paintings to be installed (3). Theme: “Open” (Autumn exhibition).
Opening night, Friday April 20th, exhibition from Fri 20th April – Fri 18th May.
MAY: 21st Collect Autumn exhibition paintings, deliver paintings to be installed. Theme: “Figurative, People”. Exhibition from Fri 25th May – Fri 22nd June.
JUNE: 25th Collect “Figurative, People”, deliver paintings to be installed. Theme: “Nostalgia”. Exhibition from Fri 29th June – Fri 27th July.
JULY: 30th Collect “Nostalgia”, deliver paintings to be installed. Theme: “Still Life”. Exhibition from Fri 3rd August – Fri 31st August.
SEPTEMBER: 3rd Collect “Still Life”, deliver paintings to be installed (3) Theme: “Open” (Spring exhibition). Opening night, Fri September 7th. Exhibition from Fri 7th September – Thurs 4th October (collection of paintings also October 4th)
OCTOBER: 6th Yurara Youth Awards, delivery of paintings from 9:30 – 1:00 pm. Installation 6th to 8th. Opening night, Fri October 12th – 7.00 pm.
NOVEMBER: October 29th Deliver paintings to be installed: Theme: “Seasons”. Exhibition, from Fri 2nd November – Fri 7th December.
DECEMBER: 10th Collect “Seasons”, deliver paintings to be installed. Theme: “Holiday Collection” (2). Exhibition from Fri 14th December –Thurs 31st January 2019.
Dates will change only if the gallery is needed for private exhibitions. Entry forms will be available before each exhibition – happy painting in 2018!